[Mailman-Developers] Re-tries for failed SMTPDirect deliveries

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:36:35 +0200

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 12:12:00PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> I'm about to check all this stuff in.  Let me know what you think.

I'll see if I can do some checks on partial delivery failure tomorrow. (I
really need to get myself a seperate box for testing ;)

But, assides from delivery, it might be useful to store messages which
failed elsewhere in the pipeline too; messages in the archive pipe, for
instance, or the usenet pipe. It can currently happen, for instance because
of a deadlock, that messages just get lost. I haven't looked at the new code
yet, but imho it shouldn't be too hard to push messages back into those
pipelines, assuming they fail 'cleanly' (and not with files half-written or
some such.)

(Then again, I haven't seen failures at all, yet, so I'm not too worried for
myself.)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>