[Mailman-Developers] Sender: header in 2.0beta1

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:44:02 +0000

gorgo@caesar.elte.hu said:
> I've got it working... now smtplib can be told to use '/path/to/
> sendmail -bs' instead of connecting to localhost:25, and talk smtp
> there (no addresses in the shell, perhaps a bit better error
> handling). There is still a problem though... the Sender header gets
> rewritten this way too... but now it becomes nobody@<domain>, I
> haven't got the faintest clue why this happens, no process should run
> as nobody here...

The MTA should still know the UID its invoked under - exim will have
the same Sender: problems as a straight CLI, and so the invoking user
will still need to be trusted (or your MTA's equivalent).

Also any loading issues from command line invocation still apply to an
"mta -bs" invocation - although its probable that I am simply overly
paranoid about this.

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]