[Mailman-Developers] Sender: header in 2.0beta1

bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:58:36 -0500 (EST)

    GM> Actually I think that a wrong sender header is more acceptable
    GM> than the increased possibility of mails getting lost... ;) The
    GM> first problem can be easily noticed and fixed, while the
    GM> second is not that easy to discover...

True.  Such lossage should at least get logged in logs/error, and I
haven't in practice seen any problems on Python.Org, but you are right
(as others have also pointed out).  Some fallback mechanism should be
implemented so that mail doesn't get lost when using SMTPDirect.

-Barry