[Mailman-Developers] Sender: header in 2.0beta1

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:04:02 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     GM> Hello,
>
>     GM> Previous versions always put Sender: <listname>-admin@<domain>
>     GM> in all mails sent out to the list... it seems that with the
>     GM> new sendmail delivery module it has some issues... with exim
>     GM> the mailman user has to be listed in the trusted_users option
>     GM> for this to work, if it is not listed, the Sender: header
>     GM> becomes mailman@<domain>
>
> Is that also true if you use SMTPDirect?

I didn't try but I'm pretty sure that it is not. Exim can check usernames,
etc, only if invoked directly, not thru port 25.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/