[Mailman-Developers] beta & smtp

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:35:43 +0000

bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us said:
> I think so, but now I'm not so sure.  I agree that 'localhost' would
> be a better default, if it works.  I'll do some testing with Postfix,
> but it would be nice to hear from those of you with other MTAs.

Exim will need localhost or 127.0.0.1/32 listing as an allowed relayer
- this is already in the exim/mailman HOWTO.

gorgo@caesar.elte.hu said:
> Previous versions always put Sender: <listname>-admin@<domain> in all
> mails sent out to the list... it seems that with the new sendmail
> delivery module it has some issues... with exim the mailman user has
> to be listed in the trusted_users option for this to work, if it is
> not listed, the Sender: header becomes mailman@<domain>

That will be the case.  I would tend to use smtp injection personally,
and also prevent exim doing significant lookups on the incoming
addresses - ie no recipient verification.  RSN I'll put mailman 2beta
on the exim site and knock the config into shape for it... and then
look at the bouncer module.

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]