[Mailman-Developers] Mailman keying on Sender: Field

Ted Cabeen secabeen@pobox.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:00:47 -0600

In message <38D8D47F.219AEA87@uchicago.edu>, Roberto Ullfig writes:
>I noticed that Mailman keys on the Sender: field when you email
>in a subscription request. Is this really necessary? Is it
>possible to reconfigure Mailman to key on the From: field
>instead? Is this more or less desirable? Since confirmations are
>always in place it seems to me that there's enough protection as
>it is without using the Sender: field.

That will be in the 2.0 release.  It's supposed to be supported in 1.1, but
it's a little broken.  I posted a patch to 1.1 that allows From matching, so
you can check the archives and find it if you don't want to wait.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen@pobox.com
Check Website or finger for PGP Public Key        secabeen@midway.uchicago.edu