[Mailman-Developers] Failed authentication

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 00:54:44 -0800

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:30:17 -0800
J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:

> I have no bloody idea.  POSTS to PHP work just fine.  POSTs to
> Perl CGIs work fine.  Once I add the PHP3 module to Apache's
> config, POSTs to Mailman stop.

> Colour me confused.

> As soon as I get few other things resolved, I'm going to see what
> happens if I backlevel PHP, or even try PHP4...

I've identified the exact setup that causes the behaviour under
Debian/potato:

  If I install the following .debs for PHP everything works fine:

    php3-gd_3%3a3.0.15-1_i386.deb
    php3_3%3a3.0.15-1_i386.deb
    php3-mysql_3%3a3.0.15-1_i386.deb

  If however I install the current Debian/potato set:

    php3_3%3a3.0.15-1.2_i386.deb
    php3-gd_3%3a3.0.15-1.2_i386.deb
    php3-mysql_3%3a3.0.15-1.2_i386.deb

  with the same Apache configs in both cases (a LoadModule line and
  two AddTypes as per the default http.conf and srm.conf), or I
  install the prior the prior 2.0.15-1.1 package set, HTTP POSTs to
  MailMan CGIs no longer happen due to the fact that nothing
  reaches the stdin of the CGIs.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm running:

  apache_1.3.9-12_i386.deb
  apache-common_1.3.9-12_i386.deb

or:

  apache_1.3.9-11_i386.deb
  apache-common_1.3.9-11_i386.deb

or the various libc6 packages in that date range.

What I havem't tried, and what I'm going to leave up to Gergely
Madarasz (CC'ed on this message) the Debian package maintainer for
both the PHP3 and MailMan packages, is finding out if rebuilding
everything with a current (or even the same) glibc version makes the
problem go away (it hopefully being reproducable at his end).  I'm
willing to supply copies of my config files if there's interest.

I'm going to bed.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu