[Mailman-Developers] Mailman password and administrative reminders

bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:10:10 -0500 (EST)

    DB> I have nothing more than anecdotal evidence (ie, my ISP), but
    DB> how often is one address on multiple lists at a given site?

It all depends.  Some sites might run only a few, or mostly
unconnected lists.  At Python.Org, such a change would cause a revolt
:).

    DB> We've had to turn off password notification, because now all
    DB> the people on this list who got password notifications are now
    DB> replying to mailman-owner with list related requests. Sigh....

Yup, I agree, the current situation is suboptimal.  It will be fixed,
it's just a matter of when.

-Barry