[Mailman-Developers] Mailman password and administrative reminders

Ted Cabeen secabeen@pobox.com
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 09:29:23 -0600

In message <14526.29365.432370.248009@anthem.cnri.reston.va.us>, "Barry A. Wars
aw" writes:

>Here's the problem in a nutshell (if my quick browse of the thread is
>correct).
>
>When a user is to get the password reminder, Mailman collates the
>passwords for all the lists that the user is on (for that virtual
>domain, but let's ignore that).  So one password reminder refers to
>potentially several lists.  So which list -owner address (e.g. bounce
>detecting addr) should get the bounces?

What about sending the messages out with multiple addresses in the From
header?  It's a little weird, but is RFC legal, and that way each reminder
will bounce to all of the lists whose password is listed in the email.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen@pobox.com
Check Website or finger for PGP Public Key        secabeen@midway.uchicago.edu