[Mailman-Developers] Indexing pipermail archives

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:15:07 +0100

jeremy@beopen.com said:
> Speaking as a non-expert, these changes sound good reasonable.  Do
> robots other than htdig understand these meta tags?

I only mentioned them at all because they are supposed to be a generic
standard... what uses them is a different question.

The URL I quoted was for webcrawler, so that does use those metas..
unless there is good reason to do otherwise I'd like to throw my weight
behind making a reason for other engines to take up those metas.

I have a test implementation in use - will submit patches soon.

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]