[Mailman-Developers] ZODB and ZEO for mailman

Jim Hebert jim@cosource.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:18:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Should Mailman gain a database abstraction which allows ZODB or a
> variety of SQL databases to be plugged in underneath, everybody wins

Just for the same of completeness and/or if you missed it in my reply to
Chuq, I totally agree with this. Given such an abstraction, they who
wanted Zope integration can go about getting it done, which may just be me
'n' Ken for all I know. ;-)

ObMakeOrBuy: Should this hypothetical DB abstraction just be the DB-API,
leaving zope enthusiasts to start a side project, namely "get a DB-API
interface to the ZODB" ? There's some pretty big "up" sides to that
approach. =)

jim