[Mailman-Developers] Mailman version

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:45:28 +0100

hniksic@iskon.hr said:
> A quick question: I notice that mailman is currently in 2.0-beta, and
> that beta2 was released in April.  How stable is that beta?  I
> wouldn't like the majordomo->mailman migration pain to be followed by
> a 1.x->2.0 upgrade pain.

The beta is *very* stable - as far as I can see, although there are a
few minor bugs that I can think of, specifically:-

  - messages that go through the approval pipeline do not
    get correctly archived.
    Patches are at http://sourceforge.net/patch/download.php?id=100416
    and http://sourceforge.net/patch/download.php?id=100417
    [looks like both are needed]

  - archiving timezone date oddities (only affects weekly archived lists
    in particular timezones).  Theres a one line patch of mine for that
    somewhere on the dev list and also in the www.list.org bug db

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]