[Mailman-Developers] updating templates..

Jim Hebert jim@cosource.com
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:33:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> I'd suggest that the newlist function create symlinks into the
[...]

When I ran a Smartlist installation in a former life, it did a similar
thing, only it used hardlinks to accomplish the task.

Is there any wisdom in doing one over the other? I don't recall why
smartlist used hardlinks, though something makes me wonder if it wasn't to
satisfy anti-symlink sanity checks, e.g. in procmail.

jim
who probably should just assume that Chuq has already done that
calculation and decided on symlinks =)

--
Jim Hebert                                       http://www.cosource.com/
jim@cosource.com          The cooperative market for open source software

"Well actually I was considering opening a market in flying pigs. Mostly
because it would be more practical...." -- Alan Cox