[Mailman-Developers] Patches 'n stuff.

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:55:56 +0200

I'm [almost] ready to post a couple of new patches, a minor fix and a medium
new feature, and perhaps maybe a minor new feature, but I'm wondering what
the Right Method is, now that Mailman has moved to Sourceforge. Should I
post the patches here, or to the patch-manager at sourceforge, or both ? :)

I used the patch-manager for the previous patches, but mostly because I'd
posted them here before, and wanted to remind people they were around. But
what's the easiest way for the developers, to accept patches ? I'm not
familiar with the admin-side of the patch manager at all, so I dont know if
it's easy to use.

As for the patches, the small one fixes the admin Membership Management
screen so that when subscribing new users, Mailman doesn't complain about
empty lines. In fact, it's so small, I've attached it :)

The medium new feature is held-unsubscribe-requests, and I'm going to test
it a bit more before I post it. It also touches quite a lot of files.

And another thing I thought up earlier today, while rejecting a few messages
on one of our lists: It would be nice to have a 'redirect' in the admindb
interface, to bounce a mail to someone else. 'redirect' as in 'MUA-bounce',
not 'Eudora-Redirect-and-mess-with-the-headers' or 'mailer-daemon-bounce'.
Currently, you have to either approve or reject the message, which can be a
bit harsh in some cases. I'll write up a patch for that later today, I hope
;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>