[Mailman-Developers] failure upgrading to current CVS

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 23:59:11 -0700

I tried to move to the current CVS tonight, and ran into a glitch.

I copied a fresh copy of mailman from CVS, copied over the
config.status and ran it, then ran "make install". Everything went
fine until it tried to compile versions.py, then:

Compiling /home/mailman/Mailman/versions.py ...
Upgrading from version 0x20000b2 to 0x20000b3
Updating mailing list:  test
Traceback (innermost last):
   File "bin/update", line 282, in ?
     dolist(list)
   File "bin/update", line 77, in dolist
     l = MailList.MailList(list)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 74, in __init__
     self.Lock()
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1350, in Lock
     self.__lock.lock(timeout)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 284, in lock
     self.__break()
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 408, in __break
     os.unlink(winner)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '27659
/home/mailman/locks/test.lo
ck.newboy.plaidworks.com.27659 960076921.049111\012'

I went into the locks subdir and there were a bunch of locks, some
new, some old. I deleted everything, and ran make install again. That
time, it worked.

Looks like b2 left something around that caused the ugprade to lurch.
It might make sense ot have some kind of cron job that deletes locks
older than N days, just to be safe?

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"