[Mailman-Developers] Re-tries for failed SMTPDirect deliveries

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@python.org
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:43:15 -0400 (EDT)

    TW> Yeah, this works. My initial reserve against making str(msg)
    TW> return the unixfrom line as well was that it broke
    TW> 'compatibility' with the regular rfc822.Message.

I think the only place where concrete rfc822.Message objects are used
(as opposed to Mailman.Message.Message objects or derived), is in the
bounce detector.  At least, everything else /should/ use Mailman's own
Message class or one derived from there.  So I'm not worried about b/w
compatibility.

    TW> Using repr is a good idea, I think, but it's missing one
    TW> thing: if unixfrom is empty, the mailbox will still be
    TW> fawlty. I think __repr__ should reproduce a .unixfrom line if
    TW> it's missing. I'll post a patch later today, I have to run off
    TW> to a huge sale at the local bookstore ;-)

Cool.
-Barry