[Mailman-Developers] Problem with mailmans locking

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:16:24 +0200

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 05:17:24PM +0100, John MacKenzie wrote:

> Noticed an issue with the lockfiles.... If A lockfile is present and i go
> to login to the Admin section then it procedes to hang for a long time
> then bomb out with "document contained no data"

> However should I delete the lockfile then it logs in instantaeneously... It is
> However a constantly re-occuring issue.

Which version of Mailman ? It sounds like something leaves stale lockfiles
for some reason, or perhaps you have heavy maillist activity. The newer
mailmans should definately have less trouble with this, though. You might
try tweaking the various lock timeout/lifetime values in mm_cfg.py.

Also, do you get any messages in the logfiles ? That info would help.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>