[Mailman-Developers] Serious problem with password generation

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:02:14 -0600

One of our list members just sent a complaint in about Mailman.  He was
going on vacation and had requested the software send him his password
so he could modify his subscription.  Upon getting the e-mail from
mailman, he found that his password was "pudd", which he took personally.
;-)

Perhaps we need something to check the passwords generated against
a list of known offensive passwords?  Then we could have a configuration
option to give PREFERENCE to the offensive passwords.

After I stopped laughing, the user was told not to take it so
personally.  :-)

Sean
--
 "Having computers is a lot like having kids, except it's not as much of a
 problem if they die while you're away."  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1997