[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] b3 not working anymore?

Ricardo Kustner" <ricardo@rixhq.nu \"Ricardo Kustner\" <ricardo@rixhq.nu>" <ricardo@rixhq.nu
10 Jul 2000 20:58:40 CEST

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:12:21 -0400 (EDT), Barry A. Warsaw said:

>      GM> Does this mean that message delivery is not handled at all
>      GM> when the incoming mail is passed to mailman, and every message
>      GM> needs to wait for a cronjob to run ?
>  Yes.  The reasons for the change are manyfold, but all are based on my
>  primary goal for 2.0 - delivery reliability.  By that I mean, no
>  messages should ever get lost, if they are deliverable at all, and no
>  duplicates should ever be sent.
>  It turns out that queuing the message immediately is a huge boon to
>  debugging too, because I can now inspect messages before they've gone
>  out.

yeah i agree... I really like the new queuing method...
if you turn off the qrunner from the crontab you can easily debug the process
step by step... this also makes it easier to understand the way Mailman's
Handlers
and message  pipeline works.

Ricardo.