[Mailman-Developers] password requested at subscription time is too much

Fil fil@bok.net
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 14:26:26 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I posted a while ago a patch to make mailman choose a password for the new
subscriber should she not enter one in the boxes. I think this preserves
all privacy concerns, as the password generated will be sent to her and
she can modify it at any time. And it makes subscription easier. Will this
patch be integrated?  One would also like to modify the default "we value
your privacy" message to add something like "if you do not enter a
password we will elicit one for you".

happy new year to mailman, which is starting to take over everywhere I
look at!

-- Fil