[Mailman-Developers] mail/news gateway

bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:15:16 -0500 (EST)

    GM> Ahm... perhaps the queue should be expanded to handle the NNTP
    GM> case too then ? :) We don't want mails get lost on their way
    GM> to newsgroups... :)

Except that Mailman's mail queuing is gone too now in the current CVS
snapshot.  The 1.1 implementation caused a terrible performance hit so
I ripped it out, figuring a well configured MTA should be able to do
that job, and do it better.  It could be added back, but I haven't
found a need.  If someone wants to re-implement this against the
current architecture, then I agree that nntp queuing should be part of
the picture.

-Barry