[Mailman-Developers] Wishlist items...

Ted Cabeen secabeen@pobox.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:52:57 -0600

Three wishlist items, one of which I've coded (but am not sure will work on
CVS) and one I haven't.  I'd like to submit these to the bug tracking system,
but there doesn't seem to be an email submit address.  Does anyone know what
it is?
First:  Add an option in mm_cfg.py and Defaults.py to turn archiving on and
off.  I like to be able to have archiving off for the majority of my mailing
lists unless the owner explicitly wants it.  (I coded this one up in 5
minutes, but I'm still on 1.1, so I don't know if it will port.  I'll send
the diffs if anyone wants them)

Second:  Currently, the senddigests script sends a digest for every list that
has digesting on and has any content to send.  However, this means that on a
medium traffic list, it's possible to send out a digest of one message, if
the digest size was reached two messages ago.  What I'd like to see is the
digester only send out a time-based digest if no digest had been sent in some
finite amount of time instead of every time the cron job is run.

Third:  Currently the digester never increments its volume number.  There is
no code in Mailman to increase the volume number.  It it set to 1 in the
InitVars function, and is never changed.  Volume incrementing should probably
be an option on the digest page.  At the least, we should change the volume
number yearly.

Thanks.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen@pobox.com