[Mailman-Developers] Adding a new archiver

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:46:13 -0800

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:03:21 +0200
Petru Paler <ppetru@coltronix.com> wrote:

>      Hello, I want to add a custom archiver to Mailman to make it
> pump messages into Zope. Is there a standard way to do this or
> should I just go and hack the source ? Has anyone made Mailman and
> Zope talk to each other ?

Your best bet is probably to write a small external tool that
accepts a message from stdin and then creates the appropriate object
under Zope that contains the message.  You can then just plug that
into MailMan as an external archiver.

BTW: If you do this, please drop a note to this and the zope mailing
lists.  I know several people who would be interested.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu