[Mailman-Developers] Mailman limitations

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
15 Feb 2000 18:05:09 +0100

[Gerrit Holl]

> Harald Meland wrote on 950465938:
> >
> > I don't want to give anyone the idea that the direction of Mailman
> > development is not properly influenced by the input from the members
> > on this list -- after all, discussing Mailman development is what this
> > list is for.
>
> I've already sent some patches to this list, but none were
> implemented.  For example, my latest patch, it added docstrings to
> many methods of MailList.

Sorry, I haven't gotten around to that -- and, as I've tried to
indicate, my local tree is regrettably quite a bit out of sync with
CVS right now :(

I'm trying to use whatever time I can find to backport the parts of my
local tree that can/should go into CVS _now_ -- and get up to date
with this list.

However, I have put your messages in the "look at this when I have
time" category -- I'll try to become better at notifying people
whenever I put stuff into that category.

> Who have access to the CVS tree? The five people mentoined in the
> acknowledgements file?

AFAIK: Yes, only the "core developers" have CVS write access.  I think
there have been some attempts to make that situation better whenever
it got clear that all the core developers were to busy with other
stuff, but I don't think anything has come of these attempts yet.

Hmmm, would SourceForge solve any of this?
--
Harald