[Mailman-Developers] When will mailman 1.2 be released?

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
11 Feb 2000 00:47:55 +0100

[Alok Dhir]

> Sorry to be getting in this late - but what will Harald's user db changes
> do?
>
> Things I'd love to see:
>
> 	1.  Ability to search for members by email address

I think this would be quite easy to add as another CGI script --
"userinfo", maybe.  With the user database I have now, you could get
info on what lists that user is subscribed to, and what lists the user
is admin for.  This script would also provide a natural place to put
any "Please note that the address foo@bar also is mine" functionality
for associating several mail addresses with the same user account.

> 	2.  Ability to store membership info in a Mysql database

I completely agree that this would be nice, but sorry to say, my stuff
just stores user entries in a database file (using a module called
bplustree.py).  See the other message I just posted for more info.
--
Harald