[Mailman-Developers] Re: Mailman-Developers digest, Vol 1 #442 - 12 msgs

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 19:08:33 +0100

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 12:33:37PM -0500, Bill Bumgarner wrote:

> Thomas:
>
> 	If you want to contribute to the effort prior to Barry's work
> integrating back into the core repository, I can take on the task of
> integrating your patches into my source.  Let me know and I can make sure
> the latest sources are available to you via a more direct means than the
> occasional tarball.  The changes that you indicated are certainly the
> correct direction for this codebase-- it would likely make Barry's life
> easier in doing the final to-repository integration if the code were a bit
> more refined.
>
> 	Ultimately, it is likely Barry's call-- I have a limited amount of
> time available now that this stuff works, but I would like to invest that
> time in ensuring that the codebase is moving as rapidly as possible into
> being a supported part of the existing Mailman infrastructure.

Well, depending on howfar Barry has been able to integrate the patches yet,
it might be easier for him to continue integration and for me to send
patches relative to the then-CVS version -- unless you're still working on
these patches, making changes ? My guess is that Barry will make minor
adjustments while integrating, like changing tabs into spaces, and possibly
merging it with other patches he has pending, like those i18n patches he
mentioned, making additional patches by me based on your code a slight pain.

Or if Barry has not touched the WebDAV patches yet, and people are willing
to wait, i can take your patches, rewrite the bits that need rewriting, and
re-submit them for integration. I'm not sure how fast i would have the other
patch ready, as i'm still studying those parts of mailman (1.2 CVS is my
first contact with mailman as well;) and if Barry or someone else wants the
WebDAV changes into the CVS tree anytime soon, it's probably better to add
them now and for me to post changes.

Barry...? ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>