[Mailman-Developers] SourceForge

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:33:19 +0100

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 07:48:08PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> What would you folks think about moving the CVS repository for Mailman
> over to SourceForge.net?  They even /use/ Mailman over there.  Our CVS
> repository is running on a pokey Sparc5 and getting others write
> access to the tree is a pain (not that anybody's clamoring for that).
> I like the idea of SourceForge and we had a bunch of people raving
> about it at the Python conference last week.  Anybody have any
> negative experiences with it?

I haven't heard anything bad about SourceForge yet, but not that much goods
either. I wasn't at IPC8 ;) But I'm planning to do some of the things on the
mailman todo list (site-admin pages, for instance) and I'm already 'fixing'
(from my point of view, see my other postings) the locking scheme, and I
would like to know how to get them included in the CVS tree. I dont care
wether it's CVS write access or simply a place to send cvs diffs, though ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>