[Mailman-Developers] New feature, auto-responding

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 11:56:38 +0100

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 10:59:04PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> What I've added is an auto-responder.  You can control whether
> auto-responses are send to mailing list posts and/or -admin emails (it
> makes no sense to auto-respond to -request emails, since that's
> already a bot).  You can also set the auto-response texts and the
> grace period.  Below is the check-in message for those of you not on
> mailman-checkins.
this sounds like an interesting feature... it would be extremely
cool if MM could autorespond to messages containing HTML encoded
email: this way those people can get a response that next time
they time they shouldn't post HTML email, and some short instructions
how to change to plain text. Or am I missing the point of the
autoresponder usage here?

> Okay, now I promise to get to all the things I'm supposed to do.  I'd
> like to be very close to releasing 1.2 by the first weekend in March.
I know there are several people on the develop list right now who's
fingers are itching to contribute to the MM code. Maybe we could make
a list of features we want to implement in 1.2, and then see if anybody
wants to pick up one or more of those features. Personally I really
want to help out too, even though i'm still learning Python and the
way MM is structured, i'd like to expand my knowledge beyond admindb.py :)

Ricardo.