[Mailman-Developers] Re: Slow Performance on semi-large lists

Michael Yount csf@moscow.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:10:55 -0800

I made the same recommendation a few months ago. Later
scrutiny of how defer mode works (with 8.9.3, IIRC) uncovered that using
it caused relaying checks to be bypassed entirely.  I retracted the
recommendation in early April:
  http://csf.colorado.edu/archive/2000/mj2-dev/msg00219.html

Looking at the check_rcpt section of the stock configuration
files for sendmail 8.11.1, it appears that this is still the case.
If so, it is probably wise for administrators who, like me, have a
modest understanding of sendmail to use defer mode only on a restricted
interface.

Michael