[Mailman-Developers] FYI -- mailback validations no longer safe?

Landon Curt Noll chongo@mellis.com
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:41:40 -0800 (PST)

> Is it possible to put a list into a mode where it is partially moderated and
> partially unmoderated?  Where moderated applies not only to posting but to
> all other operations as well, such as querying the list members.

You raise a good point here.

In my system that is under development, I use the number of postings and
the posting rate as part of the credit checks.  You could say, for example,
the first 3 EMails fail the ``credit check'' and must be processed by hand.

Again failing the ``credit check'' does not mean rejection, just that the
message must go to a human for social checks and their best judgement.

Another thing I have thought of is to check on the 'days since last
message in relation to the average member' to watch for sleeper
EMail addresses being enabled by a spammer.

chongo <> /\oo/\