[Mailman-Developers] about qrunner and locking

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:46:26 -0800

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 04:22:34PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> and the fact that 3 mails (out of 2000) didn't make it to my mailbox.

I just found out that the 3 mails in question weren't totally lost, they
bounced:

One like this:
  test@lists.sourceforge.net:
      unknown local-part "test" in domain "lists.sourceforge.net"
(Err, what?
Oh, I get it,  I use the exim stat config.db to look  for a list config, and
exim happened  to stat for the  file exactly when mailman  deleted config.db
and replaced it with config.db.last I guess.
Can mailman ensure that config.db is always here? (I suppose mv isn't really
atomic, is it?)

and two like this:
 test@lists.sourceforge.net:
    Child process of list_transport transport returned 1 from command:
    /var/local/mailman/mail/wrapper

Those were on the second server (doing NFS mounting) and those two match
the two python traces I had in my error log, see my previous message
(IOError :  [Errno 116] Stale NFS file handle:
'/var/local/mailman/lists/test/config.db')

I supposed that happened while config.db was being moved... It still seems
like a bug though

Marc