[Mailman-Developers] uploaded patch for RFC 2368 headers.

J C Lawrence claw@nuron.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:00:18 -0700

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:52:41 -0700 (PDT)
Darrell Fuhriman <darrell@grumblesmurf.net> wrote:

> Please note that this patch also makes a slight change to the way
> reply-to is handled.  If the message already has a reply-to, the
> code will not add one.

That is actually a fairly significant change for a list that has
Reply-To set in that it changes functionality that is already
present.  One can easily argue that allowing the poster to override
a list's defined Reply-To is a Good Thing, as well as that the list
owner's ability to mandate a Reply-To for list postings is also a
Good Thing.

I suggest (breathlessly given the current number of config options)
that this be configurable among the following choices:

  1) Reply-To is added, rewriting any already present Reply-To to
  X-Reply-To.  (This is what Mailman should do now)

  2) Reply-To is added only if one is not already there. (your
  default)

  3) Reply-To is added with any previous Reply-To moved into From:
  with prior From: moved to X-From:.  (I don't like this, but its
  orthognal)

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                                Work: claw@nuron.com