[Mailman-Developers] Mailman w/WebDav integration

Bill Bumgarner bbum@codefab.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:37:11 -0400

Latest cut of the source is at:

http://www.codefab.com/mailman-dav/

To put it bluntly, it works great.   We have had it in production for over two
months now and it has proven to be excellent.  In particular, our current
system:

- decodes all incoming attachments

- files attachments to a remote web server via the WebDAV protocol [including
using Dav properties to describe the attachment;  size, encoding, extra
information]

- rewrites the message such that it contains URLs to the attachments where the
original attachment was

- archives the rewritten message [again, via Dav]

- sends a copy of the message to a [proprietary] process via HTTP

- provides a raw HTTP based interface for programmatically administrating an
individual mailing list's configuration

- provides means by which a user can be given an URL to download an attachment
where that URL automatically becomes invalid after a certain amount of time

- provides means by which any attachment in the archive can be automatically
re-encoded, re-attached to a message and sent to any user as a standard email
w/attachment

And it probably does some other stuff I can't remember. :-)

In any case, the above is based against a 1.2b2 of Mailman-- I have been
tracking changes to the repository, but recently fell behind.  I plan on
updating to b4 (or later) relatively soon.   If you use this stuff, have
questions, or whatever-- PLEASE let me know... I will NOT be able to continue
donating my time to the continuation of this stuff without some interest from
the community [and I will not be offended if the community decides it is
utterly useless... I don't believe that is the case].

thanks!
b.bum