[Mailman-Developers] Database API

Ricardo Kustner Ricardo Kustner <ricardo@rixhq.nu>
08 Aug 2000 20:30:00 CEST

On Thu, 03 Aug 2000 16:53:08 -0400, Andy Lowe said:

>  Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>  > I am also interested in breaking up the way Mailman stores information
>  > about lists and subscribers.  I'd like the database API to be a bit
>  > more general, however.  There are a number of groups interested in
>  	I agree with you completely, and I attempted to do that.  I think a
>  LDAP backend to the currently proposed API would be fine, and as I said,
>>  I think the right approach is to write up a good architecture document
>> that describes what data Mailman needs to store and what APIs can be
>> used to plug in different storage technologies.  Let's get buy-in from
>> people interested in RDBMS, ZODB, and LDAP before we start writing
>> code.

LDAP sounds great to me too... we might be moving to LDAP soon at work too,
which would make it interesting to integrate it with our local mailman lists.
I think it would be great if Andy work out API document some more and
i bet he can use his experience with the 'hack' he needs to finnish tommorrow
;)

Ricardo.
--
http://rixhq.nu

"You think that's air you're breathing?" -- Morpheus