[Mailman-Developers] Database API

Ricardo Kustner Ricardo Kustner <ricardo@rixhq.nu>
01 Aug 2000 22:22:42 CEST

Hi,

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:10:20 -0400, Andy Lowe said:

>     Here is my first draft of multiple back end support for Mailman.
>      I believe that everything else can be handled by the frontend
>  Here are some issues I am not sure I adderessed or understood.
>  mixed and lower case mail addr.?
>  logging?
>  admin approval list should be in database ?
in the end maybe, but i guess there's no hurry with it...
i think the held back messages should be kept on disk though

>  key names.  In addition each new version of the backend can check the
>  marshal file, or database table or whatever and if it finds an older
>  version, use an upgrade method or function to bring the old list up to
>  date using the defaults for the site.
this can be quite complicated... unless you're really carefull and not make
too many big changes; if you have 5 different versions the latest version
needs to do all those steps one by one...

>  I apoligize for the crudness of this outline, and I am interested to see
>  everyones suggestions.

well it look ok to me... at the moment i can't think of much to add to your
outline...
have  you thought about how/where you want to do the development?
i'd like to help out if necessary....

Ricardo.
--
http://rixhq.nu

"You think that's air you're breathing?" -- Morpheus