[Mailman-Developers] authentication failure revisited

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 07:54:20 +0200

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 12:37:48AM -0400, Joseph T. Bore wrote:

> I have upgraded my installation to the most recent redhat packages for
> everything and still my interface doesnt seem to be getting the
> cookies.  a quick print of os.eviron_get("HTTP_COOKIE"), yields "None"

> any hints?

You tried upgrading your browser ? A coworker of mine had the same problem,
and it ended up being his Netscape version. But it can be a multitude of
things. Are you sure the cookie is being set in your browser ? Have you
tried setting the cookie setting to 'ask first', and seeing if you are
actualy sent one ? Is the hostname in the URL you use, the same one as what
mailman stores in the cookie ? Did you check if the URL you type is the same
as the DEFAULT_URL in Mailman/mm_cfg.py ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>