[Mailman-Developers] idea

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:06:53 +0200

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 01:45:37PM -0700, Dan Mick wrote:
> > > admindb.py for approved posts :
> > > When a post is held for approval, convert the email-address
> > > of the poster to a hyperlink to the options page for that
> > > user ("/mailman/options/listname/email--at--host.com")
> > Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py line #215
> >     t.AddRow([Bold('From:'), '<A HREF="%s/%s">%s</A>' % (mlist.GetRelativeScriptURL('options'), Utils.ObscureEmail(sender), sender)])
> > there should be a cleaner way to code this, but for now it makes my daily work with the
> > posts on our moderated list a lot easier...
> What do you use this for?  Punitive unsubscription?

i actually had to look up the word 'punitive' in an English-Dutch dicitionary :)
anyway, no I don't use it for punitive unsubscription... but often people post message
like "please unsubscribe me" or "how come I don't receive any more mail from the list?"
(the latter happens when they had a full mailbox and mailman automatically disabled
their account).... though it's possible to write a message with explanation, in most
cases (especially considering the lack of computer knowledge of most of the
subscribers) this only confuses them more... so I usually want to fix it myself.

Ricardo.