[Mailman-Developers] Fix for bug 170, is it any good?

Todd Pfaff pfaff@edge.cis.mcmaster.ca
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:45:02 -0400 (EDT)

i think i ran into a similar problem with LogMsg() and my workaround was
to modify LogMsg to handle exceptions so that i didn't have to change code
anywhere else.  it's not a perfect solution, but at least it stops LogMsg
from complaining.

try this modified version of LogMsg from mailman-1.1/MailMan/MailList.py:

    def LogMsg(self, kind, msg, *args):
        """Append a message to the log file for messages of specified kind."""
        # For want of a better fallback,  we use sys.stderr if we can't get
        # a log file.  We need a better way to warn of failed log access...
        if self._log_files.has_key(kind):
            logf = self._log_files[kind]
        else:
            logf = self._log_files[kind] = StampedLogger(kind)
        try:
            logf.write(msg % args + '\n')
        except:
            logf.write(msg + '\n')
        logf.flush()

--
Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff@mcmaster.ca
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920