[Mailman-Developers] observations from new user

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
09 Apr 2000 22:05:41 +0200

[Brian Grossman]

> One general observation: Why does DEFAULT_PRIVATE_ROSTER default to
> 0?  I would think that 2 would be a better choice.

Well, obviously someone had to choose some sort of default back in the
murky beginnings of time.

Why that someone preferred 0 over 2?  Dunno, but as long as people
have become used to this, or even are comfortable with it[1], I think
you'd have to make a stronger argument for why you think it should be
changed than the quick note above :)

> I'm using this with qmail.  2.0beta2 seems to work well with qmail
> 1.03.

Great!

> Where should I send a script that eliminates the need for five
> .qmail files per list?

As Ricardo said: Here would be a good place.

[1] I can't recall having seen mention of this default setting from
    others, but then again I haven't been reading mailman-users for
    quite some time... :(
--
Harald