[Mailman-Developers] Answering my own question

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
09 Apr 2000 21:44:47 +0200

[Dan Mick]

> Adding a "save_list=0" (or just a fourth argument '0') to the two
> calls to SetUserOption in admin.py speeds up that "set one option"
> flag a *whole* lot.

I've got to stop answering emails sequentially ;)

> It might be that similar "optimizations" to the other forms
> processing (DeleteMember, primarily) are a bit unsafe, but it seems
> like a huge win for the SetUserOption calls, and not very unsafe,
> since the list will be saved after processing all users anyway.

The SetUserOption() calls are being made even if there have been no
changes, while the other MailList methods are only called if something
actually has changed.  I think that fact justifies putting off
optimizing this further, at least for now.
--
Harald