[Mailman-Developers] Speaking of pathological behavior...

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
09 Apr 2000 21:38:16 +0200

[Dan Mick]

> 1) the archive links are remade, even though they exist (probably not a big deal)
> 2) config.db.tmp is written, and then .db becomes .last and .tmp becomes .db.

Thanks for reporting, I think the change I just checked into CVS
should fix this (admin.py was calling MailList.SetUserOption() without
the keyword argument "save_list=0", causing the list to be Save()d at
least

  admin_user_chunksize * len(("hide", "nomail", "ack", "notmetoo", "plain"))

times(!) every time the list's Membership Management page was
visited).

> Probably batching up all the "changes" into one config.db write is a
> big big win.

The bigger a admin_user_chunksize you're using, the bigger this win
will be :)
--
Harald