[Mailman-Developers] Listing Lists Faster in 2.0?

Roberto Ullfig rullfig@uchicago.edu
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 07:57:38 -0500

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> Ted's analysis was right on-target, however the right fix inspired me
> to do more hacking than expected.  The good news is that for the 64
> lists on python.org, the number of stat calls bin/list_lists does has
> just dropped from 4453 to 357 (with the same number of errors in both:
> 214).  This should be a big win for your huge lists.
>
> I don't have a patch handy, but you can either check out the CVS
> snapshot or wait for beta2.  No ETA there, but RRRSN :)

Thanks, will probably wait until after we install 2 to patch
anything (if it isn't in 2). Note, that this affects the Admin
list page too.

We've got an hourly cronjob creating the file; the only problem
is getting the listinfo URL to display that html instead of
running listinfo. For now we just have an alternate URL for the
pre-generated list of lists.

--
Roberto Ullfig : rullfig@uchicago.edu
Systems Administrator