[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Customization Guide?

J C Lawrence claw@varesearch.com
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:52:48 -0700

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:56:13 -0500 (CDT)
Kendall Clark <kclark@ntlug.org> wrote:

> By "document/url archive" I'd like to be able to define a
> "library" for a list, a form for submission (even better: a little
> xml language that could be cherry-picked from the text of list
> messages themselves; but that's "version 2" feature :> ) of URLs
> and plain text documents; the url
> "http://foo.org/mailman/listinfo/<list-name>/archive would return
> a page of the archived links and links to the plain text
> documents. Yes, this is a bit duplicative of Pipermail, but it's
> also very handy to have stuff organized in a non-archival way (not
> thread or time or subject based). I imagine the best way to do
> this is to store URLs and glob.glob(<the archive directory>)
> pickled and then read them off the disk and build the page.

Have a look at phpHoo.  It doesn't do exactly what you want, but is
workably close.

--
J C Lawrence      Life: http://www.kanga.nu/   Home: claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                Work (Linux/IA64): claw@varesearch.com