[Mailman-Developers] multilingual mailman

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 00:54:51 -0600

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 10:27:40AM +0200, Gerhard Gonter wrote:
>Are there any plans to for non-english user interfaces which can be
>selected individually by the user or at least for a whole list?

I thought I heard there was somone working on adding support for
internationalization, but I haven't heard anything about what approach
is being used or it's status.

What about an approach that would use an interface like this:

	setlang('German')
	print translang['ERROR: You have selected an invalid option ("%s")']
	print translang['       Please try again...']

I imagine a shelve called "German" which has as the key the hash of the
string, and as the value the translated string.  I seem to recall that
some dbm implementations are fixed in size of the values they can
represent, but I don't know what that limit may be.

Any comments?

Sean
--
 There are things that are so serious that you can only joke about them.
                 -- Heisenberg