[Mailman-Developers] 1.0.1 bug in newlist?

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:04:20 -0600

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 02:45:50AM -0400, Ron Jarrell wrote:
>I installed the most recent snapshot on my test machine, and all s
>seems to be working fine, except newlist suddenly died...

The problem is that MailList.MailList() isn't being passed any arguments,
and so the name argument is defaulting to None.  Either newlist:85 needs to
pass a name, or (perhaps better yet) MailList.MailList.InitTempVars()
needs to Do The Right Thing (tm) (like come up with some default name)
when name == None.

I don't fully understand what this name is supposed to be, so bwarsaw will
need to be consulted on this.  However, my guess would be to change line
85 of bin/newlist from:

	newlist = MailList.MailList()

to:

	newlist = MailList.MailList(list_name)

Sean
--
 "Engineering Tablets?  Does that mean if I swallow one, I'll be an engineer?"
                 -- Evelyn Mitchell