[Mailman-Developers] Plea for Help

J C Lawrence claw@varesearch.com
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:21:41 -0700

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:17:10 -0400 (EDT)
Barry A Warsaw <bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:

> Not sure about the branches bit.  We had a horrible experience
> recently trying to use CVS branches on the Python tree.  Okay,
> maybe it's just me, but I would be very hesitant about using
> branches again.

Branches under CVS are the next thing to evil and early hair loss.
CVS doesn't even attempt to handle renames or deletes in any way
that pretends to be sensical.  Reproducability under CVS is
non-existent.  Three-way merges are a nightmare.  Change tracking is
a royal pain (cf CVSBLAME).

Even Aegis is a better choice than CVS, and that's not saying a
whole lot for Aegis.

--
J C Lawrence                                   Home: claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                             Work: claw@varesearch.com