[Mailman-Developers] Plea for Help

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 03:13:10 -0600

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 11:24:13AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>system.  Please check out www.bitkeeper.com -- they have some very
>interesting software that would allow us to be more liberal about how
>developers interact with the source code.  I think it would

The feature that sounds most interesting is:

Distributed means that every developer gets their own personal repository
and the tool handles moving changes between repositories.

This is exactly what I was thinking of doing with the more public CVS
repository.  Unfortunately, I don't believe that CVS has any sort of
mechanism for doing this automaticly,   So, that means that the core
developers still have to do a lot of work to maintain it.

Sean
--
 "Yes on one, no on two."  "Is number one nuke Russia, or number two?"
                 -- _Buckaroo_Banzai_