[Mailman-Developers] Possible to request/store additional user data?

Wolf-Dietrich Ihlenfeldt Wolf-Dietrich.Ihlenfeldt@CCC.Chemie.Uni-Erlangen.DE
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:54:43 +0000

Hello Mailman developers,

thank your for developing such an eminently useful program.

I am running a Mailman-based mailing list which should only be
open to members of a certain special interest group of a scientific
society. Subscriptions are configured to require approval. So far
this works very well.

However, in addition to requesting the email address of new users, I would like
to require them to also supply their society membership number, to be
able to check their membership status, and
archive/display this number together with their email addresses in
the admin panels.

a) Is this possible?

b) If not, is this a planned feature? It might be useful also for
other mailing list administrators.

--
Dr. Wolf-D. Ihlenfeldt
Computer Chemistry Center, University of Erlangen-Nuernberg