[Mailman-Developers] Plea for Help

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:12:55 -0600

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 04:15:02PM -0400, bwarsaw@python.org wrote:
>I'm not the only one of the core maintainers who is extremely busy.  I

I understand.  As I've been saying: It's a great time to be a geek,
as long is you like being busy.  :-)

>to see if anybody has both the experience with Python, and the Mailman
>source code, and is motivated to join the inner circle.  Please be

I'm interested in contributing, of course.  While I've found the
code to be quite easy for maintinance, I don't feel I have the
exposure to the code that allows me to avoid introducing subtle
bugs.  And, of course, there's that I'm fairly swamped as well.  :-)
I usually only get time to dig through Mailman on the weekends.
I don't expect it to get much better for a couple of weeks.

However, I have been thinking that it might be interesting to have
a secondary CVS repository where changes could be made and tested
and reviewed by anyone.  Then, once changes were in and we were
confident about them we could submit patch bundles back to the
mainstream line.

Kind of like what was done with EGCS.

Comments?

Sean
--
 I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in
 my body.  Then I realized who was telling me this.  -- Emo Phillips