[Mailman-Developers] Missed Bounce Message

claw@kanga.nu claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:38:10 -0800

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:09:21 -0500 (EST)
Barry A Warsaw <bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:

> For a while now I've been thinking that we could do this kind of
> VERP-like custom messages for the password reminders.  Those we
> already have to craft specially for each recipient, so why not
> include an easily detected header, then catch those bounces and
> scan them?

Not a bad idea at all!

I chose a selectable VERP-ish window as I wanted to be able to
tailor the sensitivity to the normal rate of list traffic: It
wouldn't be surprising to get 10 bounces a day from one member if
your post averages a couple hundred posts a day and you dine one
VERP-ish per 10 messages...

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu